Baseball, undoubtedly, is one of the most playing games across the globe. The game is played between two teams and each team must have 9 players. The aim of each player of the team is to hit the ball (with a bat) in the way that it should touch one of the four bases made in the corner of the square field.
Here are the 10 facts about Baseball that you probably don’t know:
- The very first game of the Baseball was played on 19th of June in 1845. The first series (9 matches) of this game was played in 1903 between Boston and Pittsburg. Boston won this series with 5-3.
- Robert Calvin Hubbard, also known as Cal Hubbard, is the only person on the earth credited with “hall of fame” in both Football and Baseball.
- The very first rule book of this game was developed in the year 1877 and since then, interestingly, it has been changing every year.
- It was the year 1909 when the very first Baseball stadium was built in Pittsburg (United States). The name of this stadium was Forbes Field.
- Another interesting fact of Baseball is related to the construction and design of the ball. There are 108 stitches on every baseball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. Rogers Hornsby
- The record of longest Baseball match was recorded on the 1st of May in 1920. The game was played between Boston Braves and Brooklyn Robins. The duration was 8 hours and 22 minutes.
- Cal Ripken, Jr. holds a record for playing 2,632 consecutive Baseball games (from 30th of April, 1982 to 19th of September, 1998). He never missed a game in 16 years.
- Pete Rose, who was banned from playing Baseball for rest of his life for betting on Baseball games, holds a record of 4,256 hits and played 3,562 games.
- The record of the highest single-season home run (73) belongs to Barry Bonds. He broke the record of 70 hits (which was made by Mark McGwire in 1998) in 2001.
- The New York Yankees have won 26 Baseball World Series titles, becoming the world’s first team to hold the record of highest number of World Series wins. None of other Baseball teams has broken this record (till the time of writing this article).
So, these were the 10 facts about Base-Ball, Did we miss any? Let us know in the comment box below. Besides, if you are a beginner or want to learn this game, find a Baseball Coach in your locality through KINCT and improve your game.